Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this class will be held entirely online. That means we need to set a few ground rules:
- I expect you to turn your camera on, even when you are not speaking. This class is highly dependent on your participation and being visibly present is part of it. If you cannot be visibly present please write me a detailed explanation of the reason/s behind it.
- Please ask questions and make comments! by either raising your hand or use the Zoom “raise hand” feature. Try to avoid using the chat option as much as possible since this is a lot more disruptive to me and to other students.
- I will ask for a volunteer at the beginning of each class to help draw my attention to questions and comments from students.
- There will breaks during class, similar to regular offline classes. Try to avoid eating and other distractions during class.
Other rules that should be obvious:
- Please connect from a quite environment that is conducive to learning. That excludes the supermarket, bus station, etc.
- Please dress appropriately for a traditional, face-to-face class.
- Please mute yourself when the instructor or other students are speaking, so as to reduce background noise. You can unmute yourself when it’s your turn to speak.
- While our class is in session, try not to use other tools or technologies so as to avoid unnecessary distractions. Please also refrain from chatting with people who are not in our class. When students engage in non-course-related communication during class, it is evident on screen and can be distracting to everyone in the class.
- Please do not share our course Zoom link and password with individuals who are not in our class.
- Do not share the recordings with people outside of our class.